Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Each student will be given two tickets for voting. You can vote for your two favorites, or give both of your votes to one bookmark.
The results will be announced on the video announcements on Thursday the 8th, OR you can preview the winners on Goldenview Middle School Library's Facebook page on Wednesday afternoon!
The top three winners will get a gift card to Barnes and Noble, and will compete in the district bookmark contest on December 9th.
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Have you lost your ID card? Are you going on a trip and need some ID? Are you new and never got a Goldenview ID? Then come by the library and we'll set you up with one! New students will get an ID for free, all others must pay a $5 replacement fee. This year we are unable to make ID's onsite, so it will take 7-10 days to get the ID's back. If you want an ID, come by the library, leave your name and $5, and we will deliver it to you when we get them!
Monday, November 7, 2011
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
It's time once again for the annual bookmark contest! This year's theme is Think @ Your Library! All entries are due by November 23rd, and voting will be done by students from November 29th through December 5th. The top three winners will be announced on December 6th, and their bookmarks will be entered in the district contest taking place on December 9th. All three winners from our school will get a Barnes and Noble gift card. Bookmark blanks can be found in the library or downloaded right here. Below are the detailed rules for the contest:
- This contest is open to all ASD students in grades K-12. There are four groups: Primary (K-3), Intermediate (4-6), Middle School, and High School.
- The artwork must be the original work of the student, whether computer generated or hand drawn.
- The theme for 2011 – 2012 is Think@ your library™ and that phrase must be included on the bookmark.
- Use your imagination and any ideas relating to reading, literacy and the love of the library!
- Entries must be on white paper and be 7” x 2 3/4”. Entries should be decorated with color and outlined in fine point black marker. The phrase “Think @ your library™” must be located on the entry bookmark.
- Return your entry to Ms. Roohi by November 23. The three winning school entries will go to the district competition to choose the district winners. District judging for Middle School and High School will take place at the ASD secondary librarians’ meeting on December 9, 2011. Entries become the property of the Anchorage School District and may be used in other advertisements.
- Top prize for the four groups will be gift certificates from bookstores. The winning designs will be reproduced and distributed to ASD schools!
- Write your full name, grade and school name on the back of the bookmark.