Saturday, March 6, 2010

2010/2011 Battle of the Books announced!

Hang on to your seats die-hard BOB fans!  Saturday afternoon at the annual Alaska Library Association conference, the Battle of the Books list for next year was finalized.   In probably the first post anywhere in the state, I will give YOU, dear Goldenview reader, a peak into what we're in for next year.  And it looks like it will be great reading fun!  The list so far (barring any changes due to items being out of print):

Airborn by Kenneth Oppel
Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson
Cracker: Best Dog in Vietnam by Cynthia Kadohata
Far North by Will Hobbs
Full Tilt by Neal Shusterman
Hidden Talents by David Lubar
I'd Tell You I Love You, but then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter
Juvie Three by Gordon Korman
Shipwrecked: True Adventures of a Japanese Boy by Rhoda Blumberg
The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner
Three Cups of Tea: Young Reader's Edition by Greg Mortenson
The True Meaning of Smekday by Adam Rex

This is a totally awesome list.  The Thief is one of my favorite books, and the fourth in the series is coming out in two weeks.  I'm very excited.  Shipwrecked is one of the most intriguing pieces of nonfiction I've read; it even left me with goosebumps.  And The True Meaning of Smekday is just plain silly.  Did I tell you I met Adam Rex, the author, this summer?  See, he even pictured me on his blog!

2 comments:

  1. I made it to the finals this year, in 6th grade and am looking forward to reading these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! We look forward to having you here next year and competing for Goldenview! I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun, and the books are great this year!

    ReplyDelete